Thursday 15 November 2012

off to lunch outfit




Out to lunch we go

This is a knit I just fell in love with when I saw it at the hospice shop.  The inside of the fabric looked great, lots of colour and just a bit different. It started life as a long straight skirt and shirt.

I undid the skirts waist band, to give more length, and made it into a fitted dress, using left over bits for the flowers.

With the top, I liked the structure, so I looked at different ways of wearing it.   I took the sleeves out, buttons off, hand sewed up the button holes, took it in, and turned it upside down as a wrap around top, with a lovely soft draped neckline.

This dress and top is easy to wear, up to date, and the top can be worn a few different ways, makes for a nice top with jeans, or black fitted dress.

I used just about every bit of fabric, using one of the sleeves as an outfit for my tiny dogs “ Johnboy”.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment