Saturday 10 November 2012

Shirt dress





 Shirt dress  made from mens shirts







This dress was inspired by my love for cotton dresses, sadly I cut up a lovely mans shirt as I loved the strips, to get this outfit.

The skirt used just about every little piece of fabric. I started by undoing the shirt and then joined all the pieces together to make a long strip, made a circle that went around me,, then made the top part out of a women’s short sleeve shirt, (the long opening zip was removed and used in a leather dress)

The darts were taken out, and I cut out the top using a pattern made, an invisible zip was put in down the back.  The collar of the shirt was joined to neck edge, and the sleeves made into a belt, then the black shirt cuffs were made into loose cuffs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment