Saturday 10 November 2012

Skirt and shirt with a difference












Black and white

I started with a very outdated knit wool skirt I found at hospice shop, and I felt it could be made into a more up market piece, that would be fun to wear.  I turned it upside down and cut eight strips down to half way, ironed on fusing, and placed wire under fusing,
I also added elastic to the waist.  By sewing the strips along the bottom, painting liquid stiffener to help keep its shape, and bending the wire gave it a funky look.  The strips now stand out from the body permanently.


The shaping of the shirts took a lot of thinking about, one problem was the shape across the shoulders of each shirt, I threw out idea of adding a zip to front and instead joined them with a slight gather and shape across top. I then used adding the sleeves as ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment